Assistant Director of Human Resources
ICMA is the premier local government leadership and management organization with over 10,000 members worldwide. Our mission is to create excellence in local governance by developing and fostering professional local and international governments.
- ICMA is looking for an Assistant Director of Human Resources who assists the Sr. Director of Human Resources, oversees all aspects of Human Resource practices and processes, and facilities management services.
- Primary back-up to Sr. HR Director in their absence and assists in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned.
- Administrates the ICMA benefits program; conducts benefits orientation and provides information to staff regarding all health and welfare benefits to include preparing the appropriate documentation and processes necessary paperwork for enrollment, disenrollment, changes, processing monthly billing and working with carriers to resolve benefit issues.
- Conducts annual open enrollment and health fair program and designs, plans, and implements a variety of employee services and voluntary benefits wellness or work-life programs (including the annual health fair and flu shots).
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and maintains employee handbook. Assists in the development of employee handbooks for domestic and international work sites.
- Ensures compliance and reporting with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to human resources functions; Serves as resource person to the Affirmative Action Officer, assists in developing and implementing Affirmative Action Plans and ensures compliance to equal opportunity laws. Prepares and submits manpower statistics, staffing forecasts and affirmative action status to management and required EEO and VETS-1 annual reporting.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Working with Sr. HR Director, responds to employee relations issues (domestically and internationally) such as employee complaints, harassment, allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Provides reporting on HR metrics to the Sr. HR Director (turnover, recruiting stats, etc.).
- Develops interactive programs for all-staff meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Personnel Management or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required, Master’s Degree desired.
- Seven to nine years Human Resource experience; Experience in international field or local government personnel administration is desirable.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification required; SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP desired.
- Flexible scheduling and the option to telecommute
- A collegial working environment where teamwork and individual contributions are valued
- A competitive salary
- Employer sponsored Health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
- Paid time off
- Generous retirement plan
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
Please provide a cover letter and salary requirements when applying. Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.
Contact Person Name
Contact Person Email
The Human Resources Team at ICMA strives to ensure that the association employs high-quality, team-oriented, motivated staff who are engaged, disciplined and accountable. As a Team, we are committed to providing timely and efficient service and ensuring that our staff and our external customers are treated with the highest level of dignity, respect and care.