Associate Director, Nutrition & Health
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
leading the development and implementation of health and nutrition interventions, leading the nutrition and health strategy within a multi-sectoral approach, and facilitating global health & nutrition initiatives on behalf of the organization.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Facilitating technical and management support to the global Nutrition & Health team.
- Overseeing the provision of technical support to specific research projects and other health and nutrition interventions.
- Leading the Nutrition & Health team in the identification and promotion of good practices and in setting and overseeing program quality.
- Leading Action Against Hunger engagement with US and global initiatives and platforms and public-facing events.
- Facilitating the design, implementation and resourcing of global Nutrition & Health initiatives.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You are a dedicated and experienced professional
- You are postgraduate in Human Nutrition, Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Medicine, or related field (Master’s preferred).
- You have at least 10 years’ experience working in Nutrition & Health programs overseas with an international humanitarian organization.
- You have experience managing and supervising a diverse and multifunctional team.
- You have experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency and post-crisis, in all the steps of the Project Cycle Management.
You know Nutrition & Health programs very well
- You have good working knowledge of CMAM and IMAM, SMART, SQEAC, KAP, IYCF, iCCm, etc.
- You have applied research or technical development experience developing guidance, support tools, and methodologies.
- You have knowledge of the main humanitarian donors and their reporting requirements.
- You can present ideas and arguments, providing distance support, training and influence.
You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and strategic objectives of Action Against Hunger
- You have flexibility and ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues, supervisor and external stakeholders.
- You are passionate about humanitarian work.
- You are willing and able to travel both nationally and internationally.