Associate Director, Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
leading the Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience strategy within a multi-sectoral approach, and overseeing global Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience initiatives on behalf of the organization.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Leading the design, implementation and resourcing of global Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience initiatives.
- Leading and overseeing the global Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience team.
- Leading efforts to achieve the objectives of the organization’s technical strategy related to other Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience interventions.
- Leading the Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience team in the identification and promotion of good practices and in setting and overseeing program quality.
- Overseeing the provision of dedicated technical support to specific research projects.
- Overseeing Action Against Hunger engagement with US and global initiatives and platforms and public-facing events.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You are a dedicated and experienced professional
- You are postgraduate in Human Nutrition, Food Security, Water Hygiene & Sanitation, Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Medicine, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- You have at least 10 years’ experience working in Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience programs overseas with an international humanitarian organization.
- You have experience managing and supervising a diverse and multifunctional team.
- You have experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency and post-crisis, in all the steps of the Project Cycle Management.
You know Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience programs very well
- You have worked in a technical advisory position related to one or several fields of Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience with an International humanitarian organization (country, region or headquarters).
- You have applied research or technical development experience developing guidance, support tools, and methodologies.
- You have knowledge of the main humanitarian donors and their reporting requirements.
- You can present ideas and arguments, providing distance support, training and influence.
You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and strategic objectives of Action Against Hunger
- You have flexibility and ability to work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues, supervisor and external stakeholders.
- You are passionate about humanitarian work.
- You are willing and able to travel both nationally and internationally.