YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
being responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities and serves as the chief accounting officer for Action Against Hunger-USA. The Financial Controller is responsible for overseeing compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other applicable standards and rules and regulations.
This is an ideal opportunity for a mature leader with experience in a complex nonprofit and/or government contracting that has multiple programs. An ideal candidate will have seven to ten years of accounting and finance experience focused on accounting and audit, followed by experience in evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Manage monthly closing process.
- Review bank reconciliations and other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Director of Finance preparing and presenting financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements by oversee all accounts and ledgers.
- Maintain proper internal controls for revenue and expenditure recognition.
- Prepare regular budget and actual expenditures reports and identify, explain, and correct variances.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Support the Director of Finance engaging with the Finance Committee and the Audit Committee around issues in financial operating models.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation of annual audit schedules and footnotes.
- Maintain Temporary Restricted Net Assets schedule.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparation of IRS Form 990 report.
- Assist the Director of Finance in developing and maintaining accounting Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain banking relationships, manage cash flow and cash reconciliation
- Identify opportunities of improvement and helps the Director of Finance developing the department strategy.
- Directly supervise two full time staff members: Accounts Payables and General Ledger Accountant
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You are a seasoned Financial Controller:
- You have Bachelor degree in business, accounting or related field - CPA/MBA preferred.
- You have at least 10 years’ professional experience including a minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience.
You have solid experience:
- You possess the knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and 2 CFR Part 200 - Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, And Audit Requirements for Federal Awards as well as GAAP and other standards as applied.
- You have the ability to interact professional with culturally and linguistically diverse staff.
- You are a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for entire accounting function of the organization in partnership with the Director of Finance.
- You are able to supervise a Finance team providing regular feedback, training, mentoring, and coaching
- You are able to communicate effectively and use good judgment in decision-making.
You are passionate about humanitarian work
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- You have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Action Against Hunger-USA mission.
- You have solid organizational skills and ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment to meet deadlines.
- You are flexible and yet focused and reliable in an environment of frequently changing demands.