Humentum’s recruitment service is supporting an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the most vulnerable people who are affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education.
They are looking for expressions of interest from suitably qualified, highly competent and motivated individual to fill the position of Financial Controller to be based in Kampala with regular travel to the field. Candidates should be Ugandan nationals and/or have a pre-existing right to work in Uganda.
- managing the finance function
- ensuring that proper financial reporting, financial controls and financial systems are in place, adhering to organisational policy
- preparing monthly management accounts, budgets for proposals, donor reports, monitoring levels of expenditure, and year-end accounts
- A completed Chartered/Certified Accountancy qualification
- Experience in managing budgets of at least Euro 10 million
- Experience in working with major donors, including USAID, EU, DFID
- A minimum of 6 years’ senior management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and management skills
- Knowledge of consortium financial management
- Knowledge of Sage
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a CV (not more than 4 pages) and cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the opportunity to Stella Hobbs, Recruitment Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and not later than 29 December 2017 (the post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified).