Grants and Contracts Manager
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We promote better lives through education, the development of civil society and independent media, and the establishment of strong and enduring institutions that contribute to human development. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million and a staff of 400 professionals worldwide.
IREX is actively seeking a Grants Manager to be based in its Washington, DC office.
The person filling this role will direct the sub-award and procurement function of IREX. This will include designing and managing the processes and tools used by IREX’s teams as they create partnerships and buy goods and services to implement programs. As a key part of his/her role, the Grants Manager will work closely with the Grants and Contracts Senior Advisor and the Grants Accountant, as well as program teams in streamlining templates and guidelines aimed at simplifying the sub-award process within our programs. The manager will also play a key role in developing materials and facilitating trainings aimed at building the capacity of program staff in the area of compliance with Sub-award and procurement requirements. This position will also back-stop the Senior Grants and Contracts Advisor, and will, in that capacity be involved in compliance issues throughout the life-cycle of the IREX’s awards. Among other qualifications, the ideal candidate shall have: a) minimum of 5 years’ experience managing federal grants and/or contracts for international programs, preferably with at least one of those years in a compliance or finance role; b) good command of the “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards” some understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR),OMB CircularsA-122, A-133, and 22 CFR 226 is desired; c) proven ability to work effectively with program teams and with a high degree of customer service orientation; d) experience drafting clear and concise guidance documents and training materials; and e) excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reviews and approves sub-awards and sub-contracts to ensure adherence to IREX and donor rules and regulations.
- Works with program teams to develop field subaward manuals
- Drafts guideline documents and prepares and facilitates training sessions in areas related to compliance of sub-award monitoring and procurement.
- Supports the design and implementation of IREX Grants and Contracts systems, workflow processes, and procedures and procurement and sub-awarding. (That includes: Develop and manage subaward/contract and consulting templates)
- Provide guidance to program staff on compliance issues on subawards and procurement
- Provides backstop on review and, as needed, negotiation of grant, cooperative agreement, and contractual instruments.
- Provides backstop on maintaining up-to-date and complete IREX grant, cooperative agreement, and contract central files.
- Provides backstop on review and monitoring awards during pre-award, post-award, and close-out periods to ensure compliance with award requirements.
- Provides backstop on review of grant, cooperative agreement, and contract budgets.
- Assists with IREX annual audit.
- Provides other support as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in area relevant to job responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in working with federal grants and/or contracts in an international context, preferably with at least one of those years in a compliance or finance role.
- Command of the “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards”. Understanding of Federal Procurement Regulations (FAR), OMB Circulars A-122, A-133, 22 CFR Part 226, preferred.
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
- Excellent writing and facilitating skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with high degree of customer service orientation
- Proven organizational skills and capacity to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across borders and cultures
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel and Power Point applications
- Knowledge and prior use of Deltek Cost Point a plus
- Command of foreign language preferred
Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Applications will be considered as they are received. Applications will be accepted until the closing date, unless the position is filled earlier.
Please apply at our website