International HR Manager
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide.
The primary function for this position is to support our field office employees in all aspects of Human Resources (HR). The HR Manager will have primary responsibility for field recruitment, staff orientation, performance measurement and field office HR policy design and/or update, as needed. S/he will also be responsible for regulatory compliance and provide support on field staff compensation and benefits. The successful individual will be a self-motivated, service-oriented individual who wants to be part of an evolving HR team in a dynamic, fast-paced organization. This full-time position will be based in Baltimore, MD, USA. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
• Provide day-to-day support in all aspects of international human resources.
• Develop guidelines for HR international policies and procedures, ensure consistency across countries in alignment with IYF’s strategic goals.
• Manage any immigration activities related to expatriate employees.
• Develop and provide hands on support to the implementation of human resource processes and initiatives for all international locations including performance management, compensation, merit increases, benefits, learning and development.
• Partner with other HR team members to help facilitate consistency in the HR practice throughout all domestic and international locations.
• Lead and coordinate field office security plans and updates thereof.
• Oversee employment compliance with local labor laws and manage legal issues related to employment and termination of contracts in cooperation with Country Directors and Director, Global HR.
• Assist with the field office recruitment process including sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, selection, orientation and coordination with the hiring managers.
• Review, develop and/or update HR policies and procedures, specifically Country Specific Provisions (CSP), as needed.
• Assist in budget preparation, especially as it relates to field staff raises, promotions and benefits.
• Address potential employee and organizational issues to ensure that employment practices reflect the values and culture of the organization.
• Support domestic human resource needs and perform other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Flexibility to manage communication across different time zones.
• Fluency in a second language such as Spanish or French preferred.
• Working knowledge of global human resources related laws.
• Proven interpersonal skills and presentation skills. Training experience is a plus.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Excel in a constantly changing environment with the ability to handle competing priorities and possess the versatility, resourcefulness and solutions oriented approach
• Flexibility to manage communication across different time zones.
• Ability to travel internationally as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Five years of progressively responsible HR experience, two years minimum of international human resource experience.
• Proven experience in staff and organizational development.
• Understanding of global human resource legal issues.
• Experience working for non-profit organizations desired.
• Track-record of building consultative relationships with managers to support and influence decision making.
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment required.