TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The International Recruiter partners with hiring managers and business development staff to attract, identify, and assess qualified candidates for our positions. The recruiter provides professional, high-quality guidance, support, and service to our internal clients and candidates while managing a diverse portfolio of proposal and funded positions in our Washington, DC headquarters and in our country programs around the world. This role also supports our Program Development and HR teams by collaborating to build new tools, strategies, and processes to attract and retain talented professionals. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in leading and executing searches for a wide range of positions in our global regions and in the United States.
The level of this position will depend on the experience and skills of the candidate.
In this role, you will:
• Manage full-cycle requisitions for US and global positions, as well as for Program Development proposals.
• Engage hiring managers in defining recruitment objectives, strategies and methods.
• Serve as a partner to stakeholders in the day-to-day implementation of recruitment best practices, policies, and compliance.
• Manage the applicant tracking system (ATS), generate reports and conduct ATS training for hiring managers as needed.
• Help build a global candidate pipeline and contribute to talent acquisition strategies through a creative mix of online and traditional networking tools and sourcing techniques that include job boards, LinkedIn, search engines, and other strategies.
• Continuously improve and maintain a consistent recruiting process that aligns with HR and other organizational policies.
• Screen, assess and recommend candidates using standardized processes that align with Technoserve’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, donor requirements, and stakeholder needs.
• Manage candidates seamlessly through the interview and offer process with the goal of creating a positive candidate experience.
• Maintain, create, and share recruitment tools such as interview guides, assessment tools, training, templates, and other resources for use by hiring managers and in-country HR representatives or other internal stakeholders.
• Support or lead other recruiting initiatives in line with the team and organizational needs.
• A bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years experience of full cycle recruiting experience, with at least two years of of proposal recruiting experience in an international grant- or contract-based environment.
• Experience working with international NGOs and knowledge of the development sector; knowledge and experience supporting recruitment for a diverse donor profile, including USAID, USDA, DFID and other agencies is highly desirable.
• A solid understanding of employment and labor laws, including OFCCP compliance.
• A client-service orientation with the ability to engage and advise all levels of staff and candidates.
• Detailed organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Commitment to following processes where needed, with the sound judgment to develop flexible and solutions-oriented alternatives to meet business needs.
• Experience using behavioral and situational interviewing techniques.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience working in a dynamic, cross-cultural environment.
• SHRM-CP/SCP or SPHR certification preferred.
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Please visit our career site and click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.