Program Coordinator, Government Relations and Public Affairs – (Job #1785)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a highly motivated individual for the full time position of Program Coordinator for the Government Relations and Public Affairs (GRPA) team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The incumbent will work under the direction of the VP for GRPA and the Director for Government Relations to educate and inform the Congress about the work of the NED; provide support for NED board meetings; manage FOIA inquiries and provide administrative support to the VP for GRPA.
- Assist with outreach to Capitol Hill, including coordinating and staffing meetings with Hill staff and Members of Congress and preparing for special events and briefings on the Hill.
- Manage responses to Freedom of Information Act requests
- Support NED quarterly board meetings and assist with the management of NED Board relations.
- Recruit and manage interns
- Provide administrative support for the VP for GRPA
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies, political science, or a similar field.
- Previous work experience in a similar field and/or Capitol Hill experience are both strongly preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- Strong interest in democracy assistance and a desire to gain experience in the international non-profit sector.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and organize time efficiently.
- Strong ability to be a team player and self-starter, working independently in a multicultural environment.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send to email@example.com, with Job #1785 – PC, GRPA – YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries. www.ned.org/NED-Full-Employment-Application.pdf