Project Assistant, World Movement for Democracy – (Job #1788)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a seeks a Project Assistant for the World Movement for Democracy, a global network that brings together activists, practitioners, scholars, donors, and others engaged in advancing democracy around the world, for which NED serves as the Secretariat (see www.wmd.org). This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The incumbent will provide communications and administrative support to the Secretariat staff.
- Assist with development and implementation of the World Movement communications strategy;
- Assist with drafting and issuing of bi-weekly e-newsletters and advocacy alerts;
- Assist with regular updates and development of the World Movement websites;
- Assist with developing original content for the World Movement including graphics and videos;
- Maintain World Movement’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and track metrics for all communication platforms;
- Provide assistance on preparations for the World Movement’s meetings held in different global regions, particularly on maintaining the database, on the invitation and registration processes, and on international travel and visa arrangements for participants;
- Provide support, as needed, on activities being implemented by the Secretariat, including communications with participants; preparing materials and documents for meetings;
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field required; graduate degree preferred.
- 1+ years of communications and/or administrative support experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database programs, and social media required.
- Experience with online advocacy using social media tools is strongly preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of global political developments, particularly concerning democratization and human rights required.
- Proficiency in additional languages is preferred, but not required.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and organize time efficiently required.
- Strong ability to be a team player and self-starter, working independently in a multicultural environment.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, writing sample, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Job #1788 – PA, WMD – YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries.