Regional Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation Advisor - Africa Program, French Speaking
Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Regional Research Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (RME) provides needs-based technical assistance and leadership to the country teams and Program Support Team (PST) regarding research, monitoring and evaluation design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination efforts across all the grants in the region. The RME Advisor leads capacity development of PST and country teams to monitor, interpret, and use programmatic evidence for decision-making.
The RME Advisor ensures regular communication with country programs and support team and stays informed of all key issues for their country programs. The position requires the confidence to make evidence based decisions and understand the big picture view of the country program and its relationship to the entire region and organization.
Country Program Advocate:
• Serve as the primary North Carolina (NC) contact to country offices and as a liaison between country programs and other NC support teams for RM&E.
• Connect diverse teams and personnel throughout the organization, to solve problems and address the RM&E needs of the country program.
• Support needs assessment of in-country team staff and development of capacity-building plans for using evidence in collaboration with country and regional program support teams
• Provide technical assistance to in-country R&E staff or PSTs on monitoring and evaluation during project design and proposal development
• Support country and PSTs in development of monitoring and evaluation implementation plans during project set-up for new grants/projects through technical assistance and support to in-country teams.
• Facilitate country & PSTs access to evidence for program monitoring and improvement through development of tools and provision of technical assistance
• Skill-building of in-country and PST staff on use of global monitoring and evaluation database (Microsoft CRM) and other analytic tools to enable use of evidence to monitor and improve programs and projects
• Support research project design, implementation, analysis and dissemination
• Provide feedback to and collaborate with Program Evidence Team to develop and implement global minimum standards/frameworks/guidance and maintain/improve the CRM monitoring system
• Conduct in-depth analysis and evidence synthesis for use by country/PSTs in support of the strategic plan.
• Provide high level support for global award RM&E plans, implementation and reporting, as appropriate
• Conduct short term technical assistance and capacity building in person, as requested by the country team.
• Excellent written and verbal French and English language skills
• Masters’ degree in social science or public health discipline
• 3+ years’ work experience in global reproductive health programs, especially in research, monitoring and evaluation; 2+ years’ work experience using statistical analysis computer packages (Stata, SPSS, SAS) for inferential statistics
• Experience with word-processing, spreadsheet, qualitative analysis software (NVivo, Atlas.ti, or others) and presentation software
• Experience with use of databases
• Experience with bibliographic software (EndNote, ProCite)
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills
• Well-organized with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines;
• Willingness to travel internationally, up to 30% time
• Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment
• Budget experience
• Additional language skills desirable (Portuguese)
• Experience with geographic mapping software