Management Skills for New Managers
|Early - Jan 25||Regular - Feb 15||Late - Mar 08|
This one-day workshop is designed for new managers looking to start their people management careers from a strong foundation. This workshop provides you with concrete strategies to become more effective in your current organization through the application of intentional communication approaches, strengthened interpersonal skills, and effective management techniques. This highly participatory training will help you assess your current management abilities and create a plan to apply the new skills learned in this course.
Humentum staff member Caitlin Holland shares her experience in Management Skills for New Managers on our blog.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who are preparing to step into a management role or those who have recently started a managerial role with accountability for staff, budget, or program management
- New managers as well as those who are interested in becoming more effective in their current roles
What You Will Learn
This workshop is an exploration of the skills you need to be a strong leader and manager. You will learn how to:
- Provide effective feedback and communicate with colleagues at all levels within your organization
- Build on your strengths and weaknesses as a manager and employee
- Employ effective people-management strategies
- Apply practical strategies for getting the most out of individual employees
Leading and Maintaining High Performing Teams
Communication to Influence Others
Location & Hotel
University of California - Washington Center
1608 Rhode Island Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut North on the Red Line. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.