Training of Trainers
|Early - Dec 12||Regular - Jan 02||Late - Jan 23|
This three-day workshop is designed to help individuals and organizations improve course design and facilitation skills to deliver more impactful training and capacity building activities. If you have been seeking an opportunity to explore and practice training design and delivery techniques that will make you a more effective trainer, look no further—this workshop is for you. As an added incentive to attend: Our expert trainers deliver this training in a highly participatory style, and will adapt the content as needed to reflect your specific interests and learning priorities.
Who Should Attend
- Young professionals who wish to develop their training design and facilitation skills
- Experienced trainers who are looking to enhance their existing skills
What You Will Learn
This workshop presents the tools and techniques you need to be a high-performing training/capacity building professional. Through a combination of facilitated discussion based on your specific needs and challenges, as well as group exercises, games, and illustrated presentations, you will learn how to:
- Create learning objectives and a session plan for a training session
- Develop effective resource materials to support the learning process
- Facilitate multiple interactive and participatory training techniques
- Demystify technical concepts and information
- Deliver a participatory-style training session that builds skills and knowledge
- Recognize different adult learning styles and how they impact course design
- Demonstrate to your colleagues that technical training is more effective when a practical, participatory approach is used
DAY 1 – Effective Course Design
The Training Cycle
Five Key Questions in Course Design
Do – Know – Feel Learning Objectives
Inject life into your training with ‘CPR’!
Practical – Design and Deliver Content Using CPR
DAY 2 – Effective Course Delivery
The Training Cycle
Helping your Learners Learn – Learning Styles
Helping your Learners Learn – How the Brain Works
Demystifying Technical Terms and Concepts
How to avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’ – The Art of the Flipchart
DAY 3 – Practice Makes Perfect!
Presentation Practice and Feedback
Summary and Action Planning
1120 20th St NW
Suite 520S (Building 1)
Washington DC 20036
The nearest Metro stops to the workshop are Farragut North on the Red Line and Farragut West on the Blue/Orange/Silver Lines. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.