Volunteer at the Annual Conference
Looking for ways to attend the 2017 Annual Conference on a budget? Want to give back to your colleagues and community?
InsideNGO’s Emerging Leaders program is proud to provide an opportunity for 20 young professionals to both give back to their community and gain exposure to industry best practices, new ideas, and invaluable contacts.
The deadline for volunteer applications is Friday, May 19, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so apply today!
Who should volunteer?
Young professionals who are current employees at an InsideNGO member organization. Volunteers should be based locally, as we cannot offer financial support to volunteers for travel, accommodations, food, or other arrangements, and are unable to provide visa support for international applicants.
Volunteer roles and opportunities:
- Helping InsideNGO staff with pre-conference or conference set-up and activities
- Greeting conference attendees and directing traffic between sessions
- Providing on-site support and customer service to attendees
- Registration support at the conference
- Loading PowerPoint presentations, preparing the room for each session, and troubleshooting technical and logistical issues as they arise
- Taking notes, keeping time, running microphones, and collecting evaluations in sessions
- Writing of blog posts or other follow up resources of selected sessions
- Helping the communications team onsite with photo and video assistance
- Other miscellaneous support as needed
- Enjoying full access to the Conference’s sessions, networking opportunities, and roundtables
- Complete the online volunteer application by Friday, May 19, 2017
- Attend a 3-hour volunteer orientation on July 12, 2017, at InsideNGO’s office in Washington, DC
- Volunteer 7am-6pm EDT July 19-21, 2017, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Preference will be given to those who can join all three days of the Conference
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong writing skills; you will be required to either write a blog or commit to a number of social media posts throughout the conference (read a blog by 2016 volunteer Alicia Maragh on what she learned about planning an international conference!)
- Ability to communicate through text messages without the use of Wi-Fi
For more information or questions about volunteering at the 2017 Annual Conference, please email Amber Freeman at email@example.com.